- Q: Which tarp would work best for me?
- A: This depends on a number of factors. Tarps come in different types and best serve different purposes. For helpful information please see our Learn page.
- Q: What is the difference between cut size and finished size?
- A: Cut size is different from finished size. Cut size is the size of the fabric material cut right off the bat. The hems of the cut size tarp are then folded in and stitched to create sturdy, reinforced sides. After this is done, the finished size tarp will end up slightly smaller than the original cut size. Cut size is the industry standard measurement used in the USA and Canada.
- Tarp Supply offers some tarps in cut sizes and some in finished sizes. Please note the size differences when you shop for the right tarp.
- Q: What is a mil?
- A: A mil determines the thickness of a tarp. The higher number of the mil, the more heavy duty the tarp.
- Q: What is a denier?
- A: A Denier is a standard unit of measure for the linear mass density of fibers. It is defined as the mass in grams per 9,000 meters, or 1 denier = 1 gram per 9 000 meters. Simply put, the higher the denier count, the higher quality of the tarpís fabric mesh.
- Q: What if I donít see what I needÖdo you make custom-size tarps?
- A: Yes we do! We would be more than happy to make tarps to your specifications. There may be some restrictions, please call our friendly customer service representative today to obtain a free quote!
- Q: Why are some tarps much more expensive than other tarps of the same size?
- A: The price of the tarp reflects the quality of the tarp. Vinyl tarps, for example, are more expensive because they tend to last the longest.
- Q: How can I order?
- A: You can conveniently and safely order online. You can also call us to place your order.
- Q: Do you charge sales tax?
- A: No, except in Illinois at 8.25%.
- Q: How can I change or cancel my order?
- A: If you need to change or cancel your order, please notify customer service immediately. Products made to order, which includes, but is not limited to, all custom orders, may be changed or cancelled prior to production. Once production begins, orders cannot be changed or cancelled. Orders of ready-made products may be changed or cancelled prior to shipping. Orders cannot be changed or cancelled once shipped.
- Q: What is your shipping policy?
- A: Please view our shipping policy.
- Q: How long will it take to receive my order?
- A: If the tarps that you have ordered are already made, they will be shipped out as soon as your order is processed, usually within the same day. Some of our tarps are made to order and may take 5-10 business days before they are shipped. Transit time will depend on the distance between your location and our warehouse in Lombard, IL.
- Q: Can I pick up my order?
- A: Absolutely. Customers are welcome to our warehouse in Lombard, IL during hours of operation to pick up their orders, thus saving on shipping costs. For directions please see Company Information page. Please call us prior to coming so we can make sure to have your order(s) ready: 1-630-691-0888.
- Q: Can I track my order?
- A: Yes, you can always call us to check on the status of your order. Due to the large quantities of tarps that we handle, we are not able to pinpoint your order exactly in the production process. However, as soon as your order is finished and shipped, we will send you a tracking code to the email that you supply so you can follow your package.
- Q: Can I return or exchange my order?
- A: Please view our return policy.